Thursday, March 6, 2014

The pasta sauce alternative


Those who have known me long enough know that  my life can be organized into periods of food obsessions: frozen peas, sweet potatoes, watermelon, oatmeal with Greek yogurt, peanut butter toast, peanut butter and banana toast, peanut butter and dark chocolate chip toast, peanut butter...

Despite these whims, one thing that hasn't changed is the fact that I have a really hard time waiting until the typical dinnertime window to eat. I'm ready at about 4:45 pm (and I'm gearing up for lunch at 10:45 am). 

With my new schedule, I've had to adjust to eating around 6-7:30 at night (how terrible for you! you say, with an eye roll), which means that I when I get home from work, I want to whip up something fast. 

Whole wheat pasta's always been a go-to of mine and it's also a filling/cheap meal. Buuuut, when you've had it three times in one week, it's time to mix things up.

Which why I love this recipe! Fifteen-minute creamy avocado pasta. It's fast, filling, and tasty. Just throw an avocado, some olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a blender, cook the pasta, mix, and devour. 

It's light and filling and creamy without the cream. Today I added a local spin on the recipe and bought half a rotisserie chicken from a chicken n' chips truck and piled it on top.  

Tomorrow I'm planning on breaking out of this pasta phase. In fact, I might even drop by this place :). Falafels here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I just got all caught up on your blog! You are such a talented writer! I love it! I love you! Whenever I read it I feel like I'm living vicariously through you. It's great! I'm going to have to try this recipe. It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete